The Avago AFCT-57F3xxMZ is an optical transceiver module that supports high speed serial links over single mode optical fiber at signalling rates up to 14.025 Gb/s (the serial line rate of 16 GFC). The product is compliant with Small Form Pluggable industry agreements SFP and SFP+ for mechanical and low speed electrical specifications. High speed electrical and optical specifications are compliant with ANSI Fibre Channel FC-PI-5.
The AFCT-57F3xxMZ is a multi-rate 1310nm transceiver which ensures compliance with FC-PI-5 16 GFC, 8 GFC and 4 GFC specifications. Per the requirements of 16 GFC, an internal clock and data recovery circuit (CDR) is present on the electrical output of this transceiver. The CDR will lock at 14.025Gb/s (16 GFC) but must be bypassed for operation at 8.5Gb/s (8 GFC) and 4.25Gb/s (4 GFC), accomplished by using Rate Select inputs to configure transmit and receive sides. Transmitter and receiver can operate at different data rates, as is often seen during Fibre Channel speed negotiation.
Digital diagnostic monitoring information (DMI) is present in the AFCT-57F3xxMZ per the requirements of SFF-8472, providing real time monitoring information of transceiver laser, receiver and environment conditions over a SFF-8431 2-wire serial interface.
- Compliant to RoHS directives
- 1310nm Distributed Feedback Laser (DFB)
- Class 1 eye safe per IEC60825-1 and CDRH
- Standard (0°C to 70°C) and Wide temperature range (0°C to 85°C)
- LC duplex connector optical interface conforming to ANSI TIA/EIA604-10 (FOCIS 10A)
- Diagnostic features per SFF-8472 “Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers”
- Enhanced operational features including EWRAP, OWRAP and variable electrical EQ/emphasis settings
- Real-time monitoring of:
- Transmitter average optical power
- Received average optical power
- Laser bias current
- Supply Voltage
- SFP+ mechanical specifications per SFF-8432
- Metal bail delatch mechanism
- SFP+ compliant low speed interface
- Fibre Channel FC-PI-5 compliant high speed interface
- 1600- SM-LC-L, 800- SM-LC-L, 400-SM-LC-L
- Fibre Channel FC-PI-5 compliant 10km link distances
|Data Rate (Gbps)||14.025|
|Maximum Distance (m)||10000|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||1310|