The Avago AFCT-57D3ATMZ is a 2G/4G/8G Fibre Channel (FC), 1310nm SFP+ optical transceiver module designed to support high-speed serial links up to 10 km over single-mode fiber (SMF) at signaling rates up to 8.5 GBd. The module is compliant with SFP and SFP+ mechanical and electrical specifications for LC Duplex transceivers and ANSI Fibre Channel FC-PI-4 and FC-PI-2 for storage networking applications.
The AFCT-57D3ATMZ has both TX and RX Rate Select functions. The module uses Rate Select to vary maximum transmitted RS(1) optical power for assisting interoperability with legacy 2G and 4G receivers. If link distances vary from 2m to 10km, the TX Rate Select RS(1) can be utilized to guarantee interoperability with low speed receivers.
The AFCT-57D3ATMZ has isolated signal and chassis SFP grounds to maximize flexibility in host system applications.
As an enhancement to the conventional SFP interface defined in the SFF-8074i, the AFCT-57D3ATMZ also supports the SFF-8472 (digital diagnostic interface for optical transceivers). Using the 2-wire serial interface defined by the SFF-8472 MSA, the AFCT-57D3ATMZ can provide real-time temperature, supply voltage, laser bias current, laser average output power and received input power. The digital diagnostic interface also provides the capability to disable the transmitter (TX_DISABLE) and monitor for transmitter faults (TX_FAULT) or receiver loss of signal (RX_LOS).
- Diagnostic features per SFF-8472: “Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers”
- Real time monitoring of:
- Transmitted optical power
- Received optical power
- Laser bias current
- Supply voltage
- Rate Select functionality per SFF-8431
- Temperature range: -10 °C to +85 °C
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V ± 10%
- Transceiver specifications per SFP (SFF-8074i) MSA and SFF-8472 (revision 11.0)
- 8.5 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI-4 800-SM-LC-L
- 4.25 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI-4 400-SM-LC-L
- 2.125 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI-4 200-SM-LC-L
- Link distances up to 25 km at 8.5/4.25/2.125 GBd with SMF
- LC Duplex optical connector interface conforming to ANSI TIA/EIA604-10 (FOCIS 10A)
- 1310nm Distributed Feedback Laser (DFB) source technology
- IEC 60825-1 Class 1/CDRH Class 1 laser eye safe
- Enhanced EMI performance for high port density applications
|Data Rate (Gbps)||8.5|
|Maximum Distance (m)||10000|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||1310|