- Cloud Data Center, Enterprise, High Speed Interconnects, Storage, Telecom
The Avago Technologies AFBR-89CTDZ is a Four-Channel, Pluggable, Multi-mode, Fiber-Optic QSFP28 transceiver for 100 Gigabit Ethernet Applications. This transceiver is a high performance module for short-range multi-lane data communication and interconnect applications. It integrates four data lanes in each direction with each lane operating at 25.78125 Gbps, giving an aggregated bandwidth of 103.125 Gbps. It allows optical interoperability up to 100m (with 802.3 Clause 91 KRFEC) or 50m (FEC-less with 1E-12 bit error rate) over an 8-fiber (or 12-fiber) MPO optical multi-mode OM4 cable. The pull tab facilitates the insertion and extraction of these transceivers in high density environment. Each electrical lane operates at 25.78125 Gbps and conforms to the 100GE CAUI4 interface.
Per channel transmitter and receiver retimers, configured for 4x25G operation, can be bypassed to enable alternative data rate transmission.
These modules are designed to operate over multimode fiber systems using a nominal wavelength of 850nm. The electrical interface uses a 38 contact QSFP28 edge type connector. The optical interface uses a conventional 8-fiber (or 12-fiber) MPO connector. This module incorporates Avago Technologies proven integrated circuit and VCSEL technology to provide reliable long life, high performance, and consistent service.
- Compliant to 100GbE electrical and optical specifications 802.3bm (Annex 83E CAUI-4 with Clause 91 KR-FEC, Clause 95 100GBASE-SR4)
- 100GbE Link Distances: 100m OM4, 70m OM3 with KR-FEC and 50m OM4, 30m OM3 without KR-FEC (1E-12 BER)
- QSFP28 MSA Specification Compliant, including new functions per SFF-8636 Rev 2.7
- Class 1 Eye Safety
- Pull tab: ease of transceiver insertion and extraction; tab color coded “Orange” for Extended Reach identification
- Operates at 25.78125 Gbps per channel with 64b/66b coded data
- 0°C to +70°C case temperature operating range
- Proven High Reliability 850 nm technology: Avago VCSEL transmitter and Avago PIN detector
- Hot pluggable QSFP28 transceiver for ease of installation and servicing
- Two Wire Serial (TWS) interface with Digital Monitoring and maskable interrupts for expanded functionality
|Data Rate (Gbps)||100|
|Maximum Distance (m)||100|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|