The Avago AFBR-89CDDZ is a 4-channel, pluggable fiber optic QSFP28 transceiver module device designed for 100 GbE short-range data center interconnects, compliant with IEEE 802.3 100GBASE-SR4 and 100m multi-mode fiber media. The device integrates four data lanes in each direction with each lane operating at 25.78125 Gbps, giving an aggregated bandwidth of 103.125 Gbps. It allows optical interoperability up to 100m over an 8-fiber (or 12-fiber) MPO optical multi-mode OM4 cable. The push-pull tab facilitates the insertion and extraction of the device in high density connectivity applications. Each electrical lane operates at 25.78125 Gbps and conforms to the 100GE CAUI4 interface with 802.3 Clause 91 RS-FEC.
The AFBR-89CDDZ is designed to operate over multimode fiber systems using a nominal wavelength of 850 nm. The electrical interface uses a 38 contact QSFP28 edge type connector. The optical interface uses a conventional 8-fiber (or 12-fiber) MPO connector. This device incorporates Avago's proven integrated circuit and VCSEL technology to provide reliable long life, high performance, and consistent service.
- Compliant to 100GbE Electrical and Optical Cpecifications 802.3bm (Annex 83E CAUI-4 with Clause 91 RS-FEC, Clause 95 100GBASE-SR4)
- 100GbE Link Distances up to 100m OM4 or 70m OM3
- QSFP28 MSA Specification Compliant (including new functions per SFF-8636 Rev 2.4)
- Class 1 Eye Safety
- Push-pull Tab for Ease of Transceiver Insertion and Extraction
- Operates at 25.78125 Gbps or 10.3125 Gbps per Channel with 64b/66b Coded Data
- 0°C to +70°C Case Temperature Operating Range
- Proven High Reliability 850nm Technology: Avago VCSEL Transmitter and PIN Detector
- Hot pluggable QSFP28 Transceiver for Ease of Installation and Servicing
- Two Wire Serial (TWS) Interface with Digital Monitoring and Maskable Interrupts for Expanded Functionality
|Data Rate (Gbps)||100|
|Maximum Distance (m)||100|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|