- Cloud Data Center, Enterprise, High Speed Interconnects, Storage, Telecom, Wireless Infrastructure
The Avago Technologies AFBR-86PDAZ is a Twelve-Channel, Pluggable, Parallel, Fiber-Optic CXP2 Transceiver for high density router interconnect applications. This CXP2 transceiver is a high performance module usable for short-range, multilane data communication and interconnect applications. Each lane can operate at 23 Gbps at distances up to 100 m using OM4 fiber with industry standard RS (528,514) FEC. Alternative data rates can be entertained. Alternative FEC codes (or no FEC) may result in shorter link distances, depending on link modeling. These modules are designed to operate over multimode fiber systems using a nominal wavelength of 850nm.
The electrical interface uses an 84-contact edge type connector. The optical interface uses a 24-fiber MTP® (MPO) connector. This module incorporates Avago Technologies' proven integrated circuit and VCSEL technology to provide reliable long life, high performance, and consistent service.
The AFBR-86PDAZ has CDR capability to assist with host signal integrity.
- High Channel Capacity: 300 Gbps per module, bi-directional operation utilizing the 12 lane CXP definition
- Optical links up to 23.0 Gbps per channel
- Links up to 100 m using OM4 fiber using FEC
- 0°C to 70°C case temperature operating range
- Proven High Reliability 850 nm technology: Avago VCSEL array transmitter and Avago PIN array receiver
- 12 Independent Transmitters and Receivers
- Two Wire Serial (i2c) interface with status and controls per CXP MSA
- Individual channel functions: CDR control, Tx disable, squelch disable, and lane polarity inversion
- Digital Diagnostics: module temperature and supply voltages, per channel laser current and laser power, and input receiver power
- Status per channel: Tx fault, electrical (transmitter) or optical (receiver) LOS, and alarm flags
- Utilizes a standard 24 lane optical fiber with MTP® (MPO) optical connector for high density and thin, light-weight cable management
|Data Rate (Gbps)||300|
|Maximum Distance (m)||100|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|