- High Speed Interconnects
The AFBR-814VxyZ and AFBR-824VxyZ are a set of 12-channel, pluggable, parallel fiber optics transmitter and receiver modules optimized for short-range parallel multi-lane data communication and interconnect applications. These high-speed, high density optical modules are designed to operate over multimode fiber systems using a nominal wavelength of 850 nm.
Avago's MiniPOD solution offers system designers two module package options to optimize their cable management and board layout. AFBR-814RxyZ Tx/AFBR-824RxyZ Rx is used with round multi-lane cable assemblies for applications requiring multiple turns of the jumper cable inside the chassis. AFBR-814FxyZ Tx/AFBR-824FxyZ Rx is used with flat ribbon cable assemblies, allowing dense tiling of the modules as the jumper cables can be thread under the dust-cap of the next module. This top mounted optical connection maximizes board layout density by eliminating board space lost to the optical connector and strain relief.
The electrical interface uses a 9×9 MEG-Array connector with 1.27 mm pitch:
The optical interface requires the user to provide a custom designed optical turn 1×12 ribbon cable PRIZM® LightTurn® connector.
The thermal interface provided can require either a user provided heat sink or use of the Avago general purpose clip on heat sink, to maintain the module case temperature to be between 0°C to 70°C during continuous operation.
MiniPOD Transmitter Part Numbers
- AFBR-814FxyZ Flat Ribbon Jumper Cable, Transmitter Base Part Number
- AFBR-824FxyZ Flat Ribbon Jumper Cable, Receiver Base Part Number
- AFBR-814RxyZ Round Jumper Cable, Transmitter Base Part Number
- AFBR-824RxyZ Round Jumper Cable, Receiver Base Part Number
- Compatible with 12×FDR InfiniBand
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3ba 100GbE (100GBASE-SR10 and nPPI) per lane
- Operates at 10 Gbps with 8b/10b encoded data, for IB-QDR application, 10.3125 Gbps for 100 GbE, and up to 14.0625 Gbps for IB-FDR with 64b/66b encoded data
- High Aggregate bandwidth: 168 Gbps per module
- High density footprint: 21.95 mm × 18.62 mm size
- Two package options to optimize internal cable management and system layout
- Separate transmitter and receiver modules
- 850 nm VCSEL array in transmitter; PIN array in receiver
- Using OM4 4700 MHz•km fiber: links up to 150 m, from 10.3125 Gbps to 11.5 Gbps, 100 m @ 12.5 Gbps, and 50m @ 14.0625 Gbps
- Optical Interface: PRIZM® LightTurn® optical turn 1×12 ribbon fiber connector
- Pluggable electrical interface: 9×9 MEG-Array for ease of design and manufacturability
- Low Power consumption: 3.7 W Max per Transmitter/Receiver pair (0°C to 70°C operating range)
- Dedicated signals for module address, module reset and host interrupt
- Two Wire Serial (TWS) interface with maskable interrupt for expanded functionality including:
- Individual channel functions: disable, squelch disable, lane polarity inversion, TX eye margin enable
- A/D read back: module temperature and supply voltages, per channel laser current and laser power, or received power
- Status: per channel Tx fault, electrical (transmitter) or optical (receiver) LOS, and alarm flags
- Programmable equalization integrated with DC blocking caps at transmitter data input
- Programmable receiver output swing and deemphasis level
- Field Upgradable Firmware capability
- 0°C to70 °C case temperature continuous operating range. 85°C supported for short durations.
|Form Factor||MiniPOD Embedded Optical Modules|
|Data Rate (Gbps)||168|
|Maximum Distance (m)||150|
|Connector Type||PRIZM® LightTurn®|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|