The Foxconn Interconnect Technology’s AFBR-8CERxxZ Active Optical Cable (AOC) is part of a family of SFP28 products to serve 25Gb Ethernet (25GbE) applications. The letters “xx” of the part number AFBR-8CERxxZ denoted the cable length in meters. The AFBR-8CERxxZ AOC enables 25GbE equipment designs with very high port density. The product is compliant with Small Form Pluggable industry agreements SFP and SFP28 for mechanical and low speed electrical specifications. High speed electrical specifications are compliant with IEEE 802.3by for 25GBASE-SR. The 25GbE SFP28 AOC have a cable length up to 25m. These AOCs can be used as an alternative solution to SFP28 passive and active copper cables, while providing improved signal integrity, longer distances, superior electromagnetic immunity and better bit error rate performance.
Internal clock and data recovery circuits (CDRs) are present on both electrical input and electrical output of each AOC-end. These CDRs will lock at 25.78125Gb/s.
- Compliant to RoHS directives
- 850nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL)
- Class 1M eye safe per IEC60825-1 and CDRH
- Wide temperature range (0°C to 70°C)
- Low Power Consumption <1.0W per end
- Rx_LOS and Tx_DISABLE supported
- Variable electrical Tx equalization and Rx emphasis settings
- SFP28 mechanical specifications per SFF-8432
- Pull Tab delatch mechanism
- SFF-8419 compliant low speed interface
|Form Factor||SFP28 AOC|
|Data Rate (Gbps)||25.78|
|Maximum Distance (m)||25|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|