- Cloud Data Center, Enterprise, High Speed Interconnects, Storage, Telecom, Wireless Infrastructure
The Avago Technologies AFBR-86YDxxZ is a Twelve-Channel, Pluggable, Parallel, Fiber-Optic CXP2 Active Optical Cable (AOC) for high density interconnect applications. This CXP2 AOC is a high performance cable usable for short-range, multi-lane data communication and interconnect applications.
Each lane can operate at 25 Gbps at distances up to 100 m using OM4 fiber with industry standard RS (528,514) FEC. These AOCs use multimode fiber and lasers at a nominal wavelength of 850nm. The electrical interface uses an 84-contact edge type connector. This AOC incorporates Avago Technologies proven integrated circuit and VCSEL technology to provide reliable long life, high performance, and consistent service.
The AFBR-86YDxxZ has CDR capability to assist with channel signal integrity.
- High Channel Capacity: bi-directional operation utilizing the CXP 12-lane definition
- Optical links up to 25.0 Gbps per channel at better than 1E-10 BER
- Links up to 100 m using OM4 fiber using FEC
- 0°C to 70°C case temperature operating range
- Proven High Reliability 850 nm technology: Avago VCSEL array transmitter and Avago PIN array receiver
- 12 Independent Transmitters and Receivers
- Two Wire Serial (i2c) interface with status and controls per CXP MSA
- Individual channel functions: CDR control, Tx disable, and lane polarity inversion
- Digital Diagnostics: temperature and supply voltages
|Form Factor||CXP2 AOC|
|Data Rate (Gbps)||300|
|Maximum Distance (m)||100|
|Nominal Optical Wavelength (nm)||850|