An Electrical Engineering Hardware Design applicant will be expected to participate in new product introduction transceiver design efforts and is responsible for producing transceivers for high volume manufacture with specific duties on each development project.
- Design and architect optical transceivers.
- Design schematics for transceivers and provide physical layout consultation, including proper component selection, for transceiver development.
- Integrate design considerations from optical, mechanical, signal integrity and firmware teams into the transceiver.
- Produce schematics and provide physical layout consultation, including proper component selection, for transceiver development.
- Perform characterization and design for manufacturing validation on transceiver development.
- Specify module behaviors in programming and mission modes.
- Support production transfer to NPI team.
- PhD or Master’s degree, 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in designing and introducing optoelectronic products to high-volume manufacturing preferred
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative problem solving skills
- Experience in design of optical transceivers
- Analog and Digital circuits for Fiber Optic Transceiver products application
- Fiber Optics and optical device fundamentals
- Testing and tester automation with Labview / VEE / Matlab
- Qualification process for optical transceivers